Wisport Raccoon 65L Rucksack Olive Green
The Raccoon 65 liters backpack, part of Wisport line of the latest generation of survival packs, is based on the well-known concept of its 85 litres capacity predecessors, being a compromise between size and weight. It's made of extremely durable Cordura Nylon and developed in collaboration with Polish Military forces.
The main compartment can be easily divided into two smaller sections using an internal chamber division hood, creating the top section of 2/3 of the capacity and the bottom one of about 1/3 of total capacity. The internal hood comes with a drawstring, which partial span allows carrying long items (rolled foam pad, tripod, etc.). The backside of the main compartment comes with a large hydration compatible flat pocket, which can also be used for carrying a laptop or small radio station. Above the flat pocket are small zip pocket, hook for attachment of hydration bag and passage hole for hydration hose or antennas. The passage hole itself is protected against water trickling down the hose or the air. The access to the main compartment is possible from the top or the bottom through the flap closed with a thick double-sided zipper. The top flap of the backpack is removable and has two internal pockets - also with durable Wisport branded zippers. Additionally, this rucksack comes with two detachable side pockets with a capacity of 9 litres each. Both pockets come with MOLLE webbing and are secured with a small snow collar with drawstring and buckle closure.
The main advantage of the Raccoon 65 backpack is fully adjustable FAS Plus ergonomic military carrier system. The system allows adjusting the pack while on the move, depending on the angle of descent or ascent. This feature is also helpful when wearing any extra equipment such as a tactical vest or plate carrier.
Wide and ergonomically shaped shoulder straps and padded waist belt help to distribute weight evenly and relief the pressure. The belt can easily be detached from the rucksack which allows the use of modular weapon belts together with a tactical vest. Quick Release extreme durable buckles allow the backpack to be quickly dropped on the ground when required. The belt also features a Grimloc locking D-ring for easy attachment of additional accessories.
Multiple compression straps allow the backpack to be adapted to the size of carried kit and prevent it from shifting inside the bag, which may cause unnecessary noise, discomfort and disturbance to the balance. Front of the backpack, side panels and the lid has a multiple MOLLE strap attachments points, which allows for mounting various MOLLE accessories i.e. backpack bags, first aid kits and pouches. Moreover, many Nylon straps permit the external fixation of much bigger items that will not fit inside, or because they need to remain on hand. Thanks to this the overall capacity of the rucksack may be significantly greater than nominal 65 litres.
Amongst many interesting design solutions of this backpack, there are durable rubberized handles on both sides, which are perfect when crossing fords (river crossings) or lifting the backpack from the ground. What is more, the Raccoon backpack comes with a rain cover as a standard accessory, hidden in the compartment on the bottom of the bag and fastened with Hook and Loop.
- Capacity: 65 litres
- Main compartment with two separate chambers
- Two lid pockets with zip closure
- Two side pockets with drawstrings
- Two internal pockets with zip closure
- Two detachable side pouches with drawstrings and buckles
- Quick-detach system
- FAS Plus Military carrying system
- Adjustable shoulder straps and back section padded with air mesh
- Strengthened, enlarged and adjustable waist straped belt with Quick Release ITW Nexus buckle
- Adjustable chest strap with durable Quick Release buckle
- Removable backpack stays
- Lifted and removable buckled lid with hook and loop fastener
- Loop fastener panel on the lid
- Snow collar with drawstring
- Allows the use of hydration systems
- Passage to the main compartment for a drinking tube
- Tough Duraflex hydration hose mounting brackets on both shoulder straps
- Rubberized carrying handles on both sides
- Nylon straps for attaching sleeping bag
- Loops and elastic bands on shoulder straps
- MOLLE compatible with multiple attachments points
- Side and front compression straps
- Durable Wisport zippers
- Extremely durable buckles
- Rain cover on bottom (included)
- All seams secured
- DuPont Teflon fabric protection
- Material: Cordura
- External dimensions: approx. 23.5"x13.5"x12" (60x35x31cm)
- Weight: 3200g
- Manufacturer: Wisport
- Made in Poland
- Five years manufacturer's warranty